Authors wishing to present their work at the Meeting are invited to submit an abstract by Monday 16 September, 2019.
With the submission of an abstract to ICORD 2019, the first author (presenting author):
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract.
- Confirms that all authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented.
- Identifies any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract. This information is to be forwarded to the Scientific Committee together with the abstract.
- States that, for studies involving human or animal subjects, permission has been obtained from the relevant regulatory authority and properly informed consent given where appropriate.
- Gives permission for the abstract, when selected for presentation (oral or poster), to be published.
- Encore abstracts will be accepted.
- Submitted abstracts cannot be withdrawn after Monday 16 September, 2019.
In order to be considered, an abstract should respect the following guidelines:
The abstract must be submitted in good English.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject those abstracts, which are presented in poor English, or may request an immediate revision by the presenter.
- Abstract titles should be brief and should reflect the content of the abstract.
- Commercial names may not be used in the abstract title.
- No more than 10 authors can be listed. Only institutional affiliations, cities and countries should follow.
- Abstracts on “trials in progress” can be submitted and will be considered for oral or poster presentation as long as they contain at least some preliminary and presentable results.
- The decision regarding inclusion in the program and type of presentation will be decided by the Scientific Program Committee.
- Abstracts should be organized under the headings:
- Material and method
- Results and discussion
- The online abstract submission procedure will not accept abstracts that exceed 400 words (body of the abstract).
- Abbreviations may be used if standard or if spelled out and defined at the first use. Compounds should be mentioned with the generic name, in lower cases. Commercial names are admitted in the text, with an ®, and if in brackets following the generic name, i.e. “generic (Commercial ®)”.
- Supplementary data or appendices will not be accepted.
- Figures or photographs are not allowed. Symbols and structures of drugs are allowed and should be drawn in black.
- Only the submitting author will receive a confirmation/abstract number by e-mail from the ICORD2019 Secretariat within 48 hours of submission. This confirmation of abstract receipt is NOT a notice of acceptance.
For questions regarding the online submission process please contact the Meeting secretariat.
Abstract Selection Process
The Scientific Committee will make the selection of abstracts for oral and poster presentations by the end of September 2019.
During October 2019 the first author (presenter) will be notified about the result of the review and the Scientific Committee’s decision on the abstract.
If a selected author cannot attend, the presenting author should assign a replacement.
The following presentation formats are applicable for ICORD 2019.
Oral presentation: the abstract is selected for oral presentation in a main Conference program or during program of the Israeli Medical Genetic Association Meeting held on the morning of 11 November. If you prefer to be scheduled in the program of the Israeli Medical Genetic Association Meeting please specify this during your online abstract submission.
Poster presentation: an abstract that has been selected for presentation in poster format. Best abstracts submitted for poster presentations will be offered to present it also oraly in a dedicated session.
*Abstracts may be submitted for oral, or poster presentations. The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted based on blind review. They will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors' preferences but reserve the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
Submit Your Abstract Now
If you do not receive any confirmation within 48 hours, please contact the Conference Secretariat within one week following the submission of the abstract.
Submitting an abstract for ICORD 2019 does not constitute registration for the meeting. All abstract submitters must complete their registration and payment to the ICORD 2019 meeting by 16 September, in order to be considered as part of the scientific program.
Click here for full details on registration & online form.
For questions regarding the online submission process, contact the Conference Secretariat.
Only abstracts submitted online can be accepted. Abstracts submitted on paper or by e-mail attachment will not be considered.
Topics for Call for Abstracts:
Artificial intelligence and big data
Ethics in medical policy
Health Policy Makers
Prevention and rare diseases
Rare diseases – future aspects